Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nashville: Music Bad Decision City

Nashville, you're on my shit list.

First, the entire metropolitan school system closed down the other day after the city received an amount of snow that I can only describe as... none. I mean, seriously. There was no snow on the ground. Okay, okay, the suburbs got a little snow and ice. But in the city? In Davidson County, where the schools were closed? No snow. N-o-n-e.

Seems like a bad decision to me, but I've come to realize that I don't know everything. Maybe some school official knows something that I don't know about the bus system, the safety of the roads, the lack of de-icing equipment, etc.. What do I know.

I do know something, however, about football. I know that when you're down by 1 point with under 2 minutes to go, and its 4th and 3 from the opponents 32-yard line, and your kicker is great and your quarterback is old... you KICK THE FIELD GOAL.

What on earth was Jeff Fisher thinking today, forcing the Titans to go for the first down (which they didn't get) and possibly blowing home field advantage in the playoffs? This was a very bad decision that led to a very important loss. Yeah, it wasn't all Fisher's fault. Our quarterback was awful, their defense was great, and we were playing on the road... but COME ON! The city-wide snow-day was debatable, but Fisher's decision today was absolutely, unquestionably, inexplicably BAD.

Lastly, I'm concerned about a decision that Nashville is about to make. On January 22, residents will vote on a measure to make Nashville an English-only city. To say nothing of the merits of such a measure (and I'm certain there are none), I wonder which elected officials are making the astoundingly poor decision to spend time pushing such bigotted, unconstitutional legislation? What are they thinking?

This week, I am disappointed by bad decisions. Disappointed by the Titans loss. Disappointed that I didn't get a day off from school while my fellow Nashvillians did. And most of all, I'm disappointed by the Tennessee Supreme Court's decision to decline an appeal which would have kept this infuriating English-only measure off the ballot.

I need a drink. A good decision, wouldn't you say?

1 comment:

Braden Bell said...

LOLOLOLOL about the snow. Welcome to Nashville, my friend. Actually, there is more of a reason than seems apparent and I'll fill you on at lunch sometime.