Friday, November 28, 2008

My nephews are perfect....

... and we're doing our best to corrupt them.

My 5-month old nephew is the closest to perfection. He loves being naked (yeah, that's his butt), and all he wants to do is eat and giggle. That's perfect. Sometimes he pees on himself, but he doesn't care nearly as much as we do. His only blemish seems to be that he has trouble sleeping - and that's probably the fault of the adults (myself included) who surround him during his waking hours, showering him with love, affection, and all sorts of niceties that are conspicuously absent during his attempted slumber.

My 3-year-old nephew is also pretty darn near perfect, but we've had more time to corrupt him. He's irrationally obsessed with vacuum cleaners; an infatuation that we fueled on this trip by bringing him a table-top crumb vac that looks like an elephant. He makes unneccesarily loud exclamations ("I don't want to go outside, I want to go inside and play with the blender!!"), but it's so freakin' loud around here during the holidays that I'm pretty sure he's just trying to fit in. And his last blemish is the way in which he refers to his guitar by using the word "cuntar," which sounds awful, but makes us laugh. I'm pretty sure that's our fault, too, but I'm fuzzy on the details.

That's it. Other than that, they're perfect. As their uncle, it's my job to corrupt them, and no matter how hard I try, they still seem perfect to me. I guess I'd better try a little harder.

No comments: